Monday, August 06, 2007

Mostly Cloudy

Today has been cloudy, and so, of course, I've heard many complaints about the weather and how gloomy it is: This despite the fact that we've had so little rain this summer that most of my annuals are teeny.

I don't buy into the whole cloudy or rainy=bad thing though. Rainy days mean I don't have to feel guilty about spending a day playing Wii or watching cheesy movies. Especially in the summer when I feel like I should spend every moment possible outdoors. Plus I loved grilled cheese, and rainy days seem to be the best for those also.

Besides, the Hill of Tara wouldn't have looked nearly as cool if it had been sunny out:





Granted, we did almost get killed by lightning in the downpour that started shorty after these were taken, but that's a whole different story...

6 comments:

Grendel said...

Cloudy and rainy in the U.K.? (Or Ireland, depending. :) )

Huh. And c'mon. Sure you've got a better chance of being hit by lightening than winning the lottery, but it's a pretty poor chance nonetheless. Though that is a pretty wide open field. . .

Witty said...

Ooooooo- you said U.K. - you're in trouble!

The lighting really did hit the field, but fortunately we were back in the car (a whole 30 feet away) by then. And then it hailed. At least there was Guinness at the end!

Vika said...

There must always be guinness.

Unless you are at a winery wedding reception, at which point wine will suffice.

Grendel said...

Well. . . it's been part of the U.K. at various times and to various degrees. :)
(checks under desk for bomb. . )

I'd put a vote in for single malt scotch being sufficient too.

Vika said...

I'm NOT touching UK/Irish politics.

But the single malt whisky does suffice. I'm partial to Glenmorangie.

Witty said...

I'm partial to Jameson, but only because they have a cool tour...