Thursday, May 17, 2007

Delayed Random Thoughts on the Royal Visit

  • I want her jewelry, and I'm not even into jewelry. But it's so pretty and sparkly (In my head it's like a five year old is saying that).


  • I want her hats too. Also I'd like to have an occasion to wear them to.


  • Dude - He winked at the queen. It's like the Mr. Bean sketch has come to life.


  • Apparently one of the downsides of not having formal state functions is that when you do your staff is so out of practice that they make it look like the most cliche cheesy wedding from the latest issue of Bride's.


  • Do you think if the Founding Fathers had a time machine and were able to see what this country has elected as president that they would throw up their hands and say, "Screw independence! Tea tax? Sure! Stamp Act? Why not? Crazy George III is still a more reasonable and less embarrassing ruler than 43, even if he does talk to trees!"

3 comments:

Grendel said...

Nah, it had all already started to go downhill by in Washington's term. Heck, those farmer's didn't vote for no whiskey tax. :)

Vika said...

~snicker~ I can't imagine Bush even being able to not fidget for that long. I imagine the Queen would then have to go into full Royal Mom mode, and chastise him severely under her breath while to all the world she looks as if she's saying something nice to him :D Gaw-I love that thought. I just want her to knock some sense into him.

Witty said...

I just had a hilarious mental image of the queen whacking Bush over the head with her ubiquitous handbag. That made my day.